Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bananas for bananas

Okay, I know this is a weird and perhaps not-so-interesting entry to start off with, but I do love Whole Foods' bananas. I usually buy the regular kind versus the organic with a twinge of guilt at times. Of course there are those who say that you don't have to buy organic if you're just peeling off the thick skin. But my when my husband asked me, "What about the farmers who use chemicals to grow these products?" I really had to think. Organic may not just be about the consumer but also the grower. What sort of chemicals are they exposed to while growing these non-organic foods for us? Food for thought.

So, back to the bananas. I like several things about them:

  • They're fair trade certified
  • They're whole trade guaranteed
  • We never get those tiny flies when the bananas have been lying around for days
If you're not sure about the terms fair trade and whole trade, you can google it to find out what the difference is.

So I think I'll have a banana as a snack now. Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment